A European leader in full truckload transportation operates over 4,000 trucks and utilizes an on-board system with an extensive array of telemetric sensors to collect and store data about each vehicle. To be able to effectively leverage such a massive amount of data to drive business decisions, the company needed a solution to feed the data into a data warehouse, and from there into a tool that would enable analysis, feedback and decision-making.
- Data Engineering
- Cost savings and increased profit through more effective route planning
- Better driver performance via a fine-tuned incentive system and more informed decisions by dispatchers
- Move all telemetry data from IoT device provider’s system into Azure
- Simultaneously feed XML files queried and stored through REST API into an archive storage and — while read — into a database.
- Create detailed data dictionary for previously unused data
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure Data Lake Store
- Azure Analysis Services
- Azure Functions
- Azure Web Apps
- Azure Key Vault
- Power BI